Wednesday 4 May 2011

SWOT Analysis

SWOT Analysis is a useful technique deploy to help us to identify our personal strengths and weaknesses. It analyzes the opportunities and threats that are present in one’s environment. SWOT is especially powerful because it can help me uncover opportunities that I would not otherwise have spotted. Additionally, by understanding my weaknesses, I can better manage and eliminate threats that might otherwise hurt my ability in progressing forward. 


Looking at myself using the SWOT framework, I can further develop on the required talents and abilities I need to advance in achieving my ultimate goal in the near future. In this regard, Diagram below typifies me
   
Strengths
Weaknesses


1.    Determine

2.    Good in managing people

3.    Hard working/ Industrious

4.    Risk Taker

5.    Creative

6.    Leadership qualities

7.    Boldness

8.    Enterprising

9.    Willing to work long hours to equip me with relevant knowledge and skills

1.    Not discipline enough

2.    Not detailed enough

3.    Low self confidence

4.    Self centered

5.    Irresponsible

6.    Inpatient

7.    Poor listener

8.    Short sighted


Opportunities
Threats


1.    Gain experience and knowledge from well versed people when I work during my holidays

2.    Start broadening my network

3.    Read bibliography of successful man in related fields

4.    Keep myself abreast with trends and economic opportunities locally, regionally and globally

1.    Competitors who have the same interest as me

2.    People who discourage and pull me down with negative comments

3.    Unfavorable economic climate

4.    One’s general health

5.    Failure to achieve my educational goal of graduating eventually


No comments:

Post a Comment